Dr Saeed Mustafa
BDS MDS - Consultant Orthodontist
An orthodontist is a dentist trained to diagnose, prevent, and treat teeth and jaw irregularities. They correct existing conditions and are trained to identify problems that may develop in the future. Orthodontists work with people of all ages, from children to adults.
Orthodontics is a dentistry specialty that addresses the diagnosis, prevention, management, and correction of mal-positioned teeth and jaws, and misaligned bite patterns. It may also address the modification of facial growth, known as dentofacial orthopedics. Abnormal alignment of the teeth and jaws is very common.
- Diagnosing teeth, mouth, and jaw abnormalities.
- Evaluating the best treatment method for correction.
- Preparing mouths for braces or other treatments with spacers, arch wires, etc.
- Designing, applying, and adjusting individualized appliances.
- Maintaining patient records.